If you love your air fryers like I do, you’ll love this easy, gluten-free airy fryer recipe for Greek Grilled Chicken Salad! I especially love using the air fryer now since it is summer, and for me, summer in Florida! Can anyone turn up the air conditioning?!
I dabbled in the world of airy fryers by watching my husband use his Christmas gift, the Char-Broil Big Easy (link below). We have made so many delicious meals using that air fryer, and we love it. It is too large for a kitchen counter, though, but it did totally sway me toward purchasing a counter-sized air fryer as well.
You all know that we are a gluten-free family (except for my husband), so any yummy gluten-free recipes are always appreciated! Link to your favorites in the comments. 🙂
When I had the opportunity to review the book The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Michelle Fagone, I knew you’d love it, too.
Here’s one of our favorite recipes from the book. Enjoy!
Greek “Grilled” Chicken Salad
If you are making this as a side salad for dinner and have leftovers, wrap them up in agluten-free tortilla for a very tasty lunch the next day.
• Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
• Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1⁄2 medium English cucumber,peeled and small-diced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped freshmint1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, peeled andminced
1 pound boneless, skinlesschicken cutlets, cut into1⁄3″-thick strips
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground blackpepper
3 cups mixed greens
1⁄4 cup diced peeled redonion
10 kalamata olives, pittedand halved
1 large Roma tomato, diced
1⁄4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat air fryer at 350°F for 3 minutes
- To make Dressing: Combine dressingingredients in a small bowl. Cover and keeprefrigerated until ready to use (up to oneweek)
- To make Chicken: Place chicken in mediumbowl. Season with salt and pepper
- Add chicken strips to air fryer basket lightlygreased with preferred cooking oil. Cook 5minutes. Toss gently, then cook an additional 5 minutes. Check with a meat thermometerto ensure internal temperature is at least165°F
- To make Salad: Add mixed greens to twomedium salad bowls. Garnish with onions,olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Top with chicken and drizzle with Dressing. Serve & enjoy!
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.